Thursday, February 21, 2013

forTaking

While I was in Colorado visiting my Grandma, one of the first things we talked about was the meaning of “forgiveness”. She said that one of her friends told her, “don’t look at it like you are ‘forgiving’ someone. In reality, you should be doing this for you, to help you move past the stress that has been lingering as long as it has. It should be called for-taking.” Those words were so powerful to me. You are taking what is rightfully yours; piece of mind, mental clarity and not letting that negativity influence your thoughts any longer.

You don’t forgive someone for their benefit, you forgive them for yours.

I share this because it made so much sense to me. For me, forgiving gives the other person the ‘easy-out’. You can tell that it does not the easiest thing for me to do, but after talking to my wise Grandmother, she really made me realize how important it is to for-take.

So here is to moving forward from the negative or cumbersome experiences that cause us grief, let yourself for-take what is yours and continue to live your life to YOUR fullest potential.

I challenge you to for-take.

"To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness." - Robert Muller